Losing weight is known to be one of the most difficult things you can do because it is a complex journey. After years of efforts to lose weight and also to keep it off, you should consider doing cosmetic surgery abroad. You are classed as obese if your BMI (body mass index) is over 30. If your body mass index is over 40, then you are severely obese.
Extra Fat Is Dangerous
You may notice weight gain in your neck, hips, waist or stomach, but it is what you cannot see that increases your cardiovascular risk. Fat accumulates under your skin and fat deposits also grow inside your abdomen, between your heart and the sac that surrounds it as well as inside your artery walls. The internal fat deposits will accelerate the development of sleep apnea, hypertension, type 2 diabetes and atherosclerosis, all of which will increases the risk of stroke and heart attack. Also, research reveals that more than 50% of cancers affecting women are related to being overweight.
What Is Weight Loss Surgery?
Weight loss surgery (bariatric surgery) includes various procedures performed on people struggling to lose with weight. There are 3 main weight loss surgery procedures: sleeve gastrectomy, gastric banding and gastric bypass.
With gastric band procedure, an inflatable band will be placed around the top part of your stomach. This will create a smaller stomach pouch, which means you will eat less, feel full and your hunger satisfied. Generally, gastric band surgery is a quick, minimally invasive, adjustable surgical procedure that reduces the size of your stomach to decrease food intake. After this procedure, you should follow a very strict liquids-only diet and gradually reintroduce soft foods for up to six weeks.
Gastric bypass involves re-routing your digestive system past your stomach to promote the feeling of being sated and suppress hunger. Surgeons have developed several ways of reconnecting the intestine, thus resulting in several different GBP (gastric bypass). Any gastric bypass results in a marked decrease in the functional volume of your stomach, followed by an altered physical and psychological response to food.
Sleeve gastrectomy procedure involves the removal of around 80 per cent of your stomach to form a smaller stomach pouch. This procedure permanently decreases the size of your stomach. As a result, this will reduce the amount of food that you can consume. This procedure is performed laparoscopically.
Benefits of Weight Loss Surgery
• Improved cardiovascular health – This procedure reduces your risk of peripheral heart disease, stroke and coronary heart disease. After surgery, your cholesterol levels and blood pressure will return to normal or close to normal, lessening these risks and improving your overall well-being.
• Long-term remission for T2D (type 2 diabetes) – Weight loss surgery results in long-term remission of T2D, a form of diabetes that’s difficult to control. This procedure is highly effective for people having obese plus T2D; it allows you to remain free from adjunct medications and insulin for at least 3 years post surgery.
• Eliminate obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) – Achieving and maintaining a normal weight range allows sleep apnea patients to stop using a Continuous Positive Airway Pressure machine at bedtime.
• Relief of depression – The majority of obese patients feel depressed due to social stigma and poor body image. Even young people carrying significant excess weight often find it hard when it comes to participating in activities that they enjoy: This results in social isolation and depression. These patients can improve emotional health by losing excess weight through weight loss surgery.
• Joint pain relief – When you carry around excess weight, it puts too much stress on the weight-bearing joints, which leads to joint damage and chronic pain. The significant plus sustained weight loss achieved after weight loss surgery will relieve the stress on your joints. This will allow you to stop taking pain medication and start enjoying more mobility.
• Alleviate other medical conditions – This procedure can alleviate, pregnancy complications, metabolic syndrome, and much more.
• Improve fertility – Additionally, weight loss surgery can improve fertility during your childbearing years.
With obesity along with its associated health complications increasing at an alarming rate, weight loss surgery represents a very powerful tool when it comes to providing sustained relief for people who are overweight. If you want to have this procedure to enjoy the many benefits that come with it, visit Europe Surgery, a market leader for cosmetic surgery abroad.
Healthy Habits To Start By Nihar Gala
High Intensity Cardio Group Exercise for Maximum Results
What Is A Neurologist And Why Are They Needed?