Palo Santo for health
Palo Santo (Bursera graveolens) is a wild mystical tree that native to the coast of South American countries and produces fragrant resins. In Spanish, Palo Santo is commonly known as “Holy Wood” or “Wood of the Saints” that has the power to stimulate the immune system and great for inflammation.
This tree is associated with many health-related medicinal and therapeutic benefits to treat cancer, anxiety, arthritis, asthma, stress, flu, migraine and also work as antibacterial, anti-allergic, antiviral and many more.
Palo Santo is commonly available in different forms including:
- Wood (Available in the form of chips, sticks or powder)
- Resin (Available in the form of extracted aromatic resin)
- Oil (Essential oil derived from the fruit and wood)
D-limonene is an essential oil that is extracted from the Palo Santo has several beneficial health effects. This essential oil contains highly anti-oxidant, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, insect repellent, anti-stress, anti septic, antifungal agents and other disease-preventing properties.
Limonene suppresses lipopolysaccharide-induced production of nitric oxide and pro-inflammatory cytokines that both are work as a signalling molecule to play a fundamental role in the inflammatory pathway. Limonene is beneficial for chronic inflammation because it reduces inflammatory markers that relate to degenerative disease osteoarthritis.
- Antioxidant and Immune Enhancers: Palo Santo is effective for combating free radical damage, fighting stress, healing injuries, reducing pain and relieving stomach aches. Particularly, it is beneficial for cancer treatment and also helps to strengthen the immune system.
- Antidepressant and Relaxant: It is used for spiritual and emotional support to reduce insomnia and anxiety.
- Pain Reliever: Palo Santo is helpful to treat different types of acute or chronic pain including headache, arthritis and throat pain. It is combat against stress-related headaches, a bad mood and severe migraine pain and works like natural headache and anxiety remedies.